Last month we posted a comprehensive tutorial on
how to rust tin/metal here at the PT Blog.
We had so much fun with this technique that we decided to make
our next challenge be all about Rust.
You can create or alter anything you want but you must include
at least one rusted item in the creation.
If you want to make a tag with a rusted metal button, great!
If you want to rust an entire tin and make an assemblage out of it, super!
Journal pages, altered book covers, cards, you name it, but just rust it!
You can follow our rust tutorial here if you don't have anything already rusted
or use what you may have in your supplies already.
A prize package of vintage and designer papers, and embellishments will
be awarded to the project which best showcases the challenge requirement.
You don't have to be a member of Paper_Traders Yahoo Art group to
participate but if you would like to join us and be privy to even more
great paper crafting swaps and challenges plus better than ever artistic
support, that would be super!
- Make a paper craft, mixed media, altered art ( any size).
- The theme is "How about a little rust".
- Post your art to your blog, Flickr, Picasa (online albums). Mention our name PaperTraders Art Blog with a link back to this post. You are more than welcome to grab our button and post it on your blog as well. The last day to post for this challenge is October 31st, 2012. No backlinks please.
- After posting your "How about a little rust!" art on your site, come back to this post and leave us a comment with link to your post/image. You must include a direct link to your image or post, not a general link to your album or blog. All you will need to do is copy and paste the url address of your post found at the top of your browser window.
- The winner(s) will be awarded our "Trader Treasure" blog badge which they can choose to feature on their blog. Their art will also be posted on the PaperTraders Art Blog for the month.
Rusted Tin Lid Assemblage