2012 Your Stuff / My Stuff Swap
One-for-One Ephemera & ATC swap
Skill Level: 2 - Budding
Hosted by: Beckie H
Sign-up deadline: August 10th
Partners announced: August 13th
Supply mail-out deadline: August 20th
ATC mailout deadline: September 17th
Last year, we hosted one of these swaps and it was a huge success so we decided to do it again! One of the benefits of hosting swaps is all the wonderful ephemera that the participants often send along with their art - it can be a new source of inspiration and make you think outside of your own supply world and the things you are usually drawn to. This is the concept for a fun swap where your creation is made from someone else's supplies. Here are the details:
- Sign up by August 10th in the Database on the main Paper Traders Yahoo site. On August 13th, I will randomly assign partners and post it on the blog as well as in the database.
- By August 20th, mail your partner an A9 (Diplomat, 5¾ × 8¾ inches or 146.1 × 222.3 mm) or A10 (Willow, 6 × 9½ inches or 152.4 × 241.3 mm) size envelope of supplies and ephemera. Don't buy anything special, just raid your stash!! Try to include a variety of type and style. Please do not "direct" your partner on what to make - let them be inspired by the items you send.
- Make an ATC using the supplies you receive from your partner. Yes, you can incorporate some of your own supplies in, but please try to use mostly the new supplies in keeping with the spirit of the swap.
- Mail your ATC back to your partner by September 17th. You can keep whatever ephemera is left over.
- Don't forget to post a photo your ATC in the project album on the Paper Traders Swaps Yahoo site. And please mention whose supplies you used in the description.